Engineer - Telephony
February 29, 2020
Massy Technologies InfoCom (Trinidad) Ltd.
Massy Technologies InfoCom (Trinidad) Ltd (InfoCom) is looking for a dynamic individual to accept the role of Engineer III – Telephony within our Communications Business Unit to operate out of our Curepe location. The successful candidate will be required to provide the technical expertise needed for the design, implementation and maintenance of equipment and/or systems supplied by the organization to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
• Perform pre-sales work in conjunction with the Sales Department
• Implement solutions through consulting, design, programming, testing, training and
• Provide post-sale technical support to customer base through resolution of technical issues, installation of upgrades and advising on product enhancements and new features
• Ensure that services are performed and delivered in accordance with industry standards and InfoCom’s professional services methodologies
• Attain and maintain relevant certification
• Keep current with technology products and features, primarily through self-study
• Maintain timely, accurate and detailed reports and required documentation
• BSc Degree in Telecommunications, Electrical, or IT/Computer Engineering or equivalent
combination of qualifications
• Broad knowledge in telephony systems and specifically Avaya and Cisco (IP Office, Call
Manager, etc.); Voice mail systems knowledge and experience as well
• Broad knowledge of the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and telecommunications
carriers’ operations, processes, and procedures.
• Knowledge of voice trunking, such as CO/DID, ISDN PRI, SIP; and OPS/FEX services.
• Must demonstrate experience working with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP), and Cisco Voice systems (UCCX, Call Manager, etc.) and products
• Avaya, CCNA and MCSE Certifications will be an asset
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with equipment supported by unit
• Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Excellent planning, organizing and time management skills
• Training and coaching skills
March 23, 2020